For Chicago residents, the Trump International Hotel & Tower is cherished as an architectural masterpiece affording arguably the most breathtaking, unobstructed views of the city. For the discerning bride, it is an all-inclusive luxury experience where she and her guests are perfectly pampered from the moment they arrive. “Our brides are our top priority,” says Director of Catering, Cyndi Rosenberg. “At the very beginning of the planning process, they are assigned a catering manager who will be with them from start to finish, providing them exclusive attention as their absolute dream wedding unfolds,” explains Cyndi. From the beautifully appointed guest suites, world class dining options to the awe inspiring ballroom views, Strictly Weddings shares the many reasons why we are madly in love with our partner Chicago’s Trump Hotel as the ultimate location for a high class, big city destination wedding.
World Class Weddings at the Trump
Rising an impressive 1,361 feet, the Trump International Hotel and Tower is the tallest residential building in North America, and a prominent fixture on the Chicago Skyline. The gorgeous, glass-clad skyscraper steps back at different floors to match the scale of neighboring structures. At the tower’s base, a landscaped promenade descends three levels until it meets the Chicago River — making this the first major building in Chicago’s central business district to take full advantage of its waterfront location. We are convinced that the views alone make the Trump hotel one of the most memorable locales one could wish for on their wedding day. The images below give but a glimpse of the Trump experience, featuring high style brides from a recent shoot by the ultra-talented Carasco Photography for ChicagoStyle Weddings magazine.
Five Luxury Weddings at Chicago’s Trump Hotel
Join us as we dream of the day in the life of a Trump bride; pampered with all the luxury comforts a world class hotel affords and completely at ease knowing a seasoned wedding team will care for your every detail. On this delightful journey, Strictly Wedding explores five weddings depicting the incomparable beauty of the Chicago Trump’s event spaces. The grand ballroom (seating 295 guest) is surrounded with soaring 24 ft. floor-to-ceiling windows affording panoramic views of the city skyline and Lake Michigan. As seen in our first four wedding designs below, the circular layout of the space creates an opportunity for creative decor environments such as (Strictly Weddings partner) Kehoe Designs‘ custom crafted rounded dance floor. For more intimate gatherings, such as our last wedding shown in this set, the Grand Salon (seating 95 guests) provides an equally amazing backdrop of Chicago’s Iconic Wrigley Building Clock Tower, Chicago River and Lake Michigan views. “Given its unique view, this is such a special space for our smaller events whether a rehearsal dinner, intimate celebration, or post wedding brunch,” says Cyndi.
(Set of four images: photos by Nakai Photography)
And for the Grand Finale…
Now, imagine yourself a Chicago summertime bride… sipping on a glass of champagne as you watch this sunset drift below the horizon. Afterwards, enjoy a warm breeze on the renown eastside terrace for a perfect view of Navy Pier’s magical fireworks display, set to go off at 10:15 pm every Saturday evening from Memorial Day to Labor Day. “The views of the Chicago fireworks are truly second to none,” adds Cyndi. “It is such a special moment for a bride and groom as they retreat on to an outdoor terrace while the rest of the party experiences all the magic from our expansive window views.”
(Top & Bottom: photos via Trump Hotel Chicago’s Facebook page!)
For More Information
If you’d like to inquire about hosting your wedding at Chicago’s Trump International Hotel and Tower, contact the catering coordinator at 312.588.8059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The hotel offers a number of customized wedding packages to personalize your stay and to provide guests with the best of Chicago’s world class offerings. “Brides are greeted in the lobby and are given the utmost special care,” says Cyndi, “treated with little surprises from the moment they walk into their suite until the time they return after a big night of celebration.” For all these reasons and more, Strictly Weddings is convinced that the Trump Hotel in Chicago could not be a more luxurious or memorable location for your Chicago destination wedding… or honeymoon, if you prefer!
As the summer bridal season heats up, Strictly Weddings takes a cool, refreshing look ahead to our 2014 fall and winter wedding inspirations. Our expert is Kehoe Designs creative director, Bridget Frizzie, who will feature two forecasted trends. Kehoe is a partner from StrictlyWeddings Chicago. With her finger on the pulse of color and design trends, Bridget and her team draw on the most exquisite happenings in the world of high style, blending it with classic bridal beauty and their signature point of view. We invite you to enjoy this special sneak peak of 2014 Fall & Winter wedding looks!
Fall Wedding | ‘Second Spring’
“Like a fine art painting or the majestic landscapes of a forest in autumn bloom, this traditional palette gets invigorated and energized for Fall weddings with the addition of copper ore, rose gold and molten gold accents,” says Frizzie. Our wedding story is inspired by Yves Saint Laurent Couture Lacquer ‘Spicy Collection’ which draws on the romance of natural earth tones -cayenne, ox blood, yellow ochre and soft blush- bound by a glittering 24 carat liquid gold. “We see cayenne orange playing a leading role, bridging a color spectrum that continues to push forward deeper, richer reds, like ox blood pigmented with its signature brown undertone,” continues Bridget. The mood is anchored in the comfort of longevity; colors taking you back to earth. It’s equally a celebration of Fall’s color explosion; autumn expressed as a ‘second Spring’ when every leaf is like a flower. We pair our look with a number of couture wedding gowns from last years’ runways, which are only now truly coming on to the scene with a continued emphasis on metallic golds. For Kehoe Designs, this 2014 autumn inspiration is an opportunity to take traditional Fall colors and adapt them to a more sophisticated, fashion forward world.
WINTER WEDDING | FROZEN TUNDRA
“Our 2014 Winter Wedding inspiration is about capturing a feeling of the untainted northern hemisphere enhanced by wood that is aged in a gray stain. It’s wild and free yet delicate with a quietness that is oh so feminine,” describes Bridget. This lens has no hard edges, evoking the fantasy of whimsical winters with pale blush and lavender floral warmed by soft, cozy suedes and plush furs. “Set designed to mirror emotional landscapes of our northern most tundra, this mood takes off where farmhouse left off. It speaks to rustic interiors yet the palette is soft and transparent as if you veiled a local winter garden in billowing sheer curtains,” adds Bridget. Last year’s ice blue gives way to lavender and rosy nudes, a beautiful natural complement to a base of gray and rich, warm browns. “As designers, what we love about this Winter wedding mood is its feeling of ‘easy opulence,’ where Mongolian fur, champagne lusters, and layers of chiffon meet rustic elements of the northern great outdoors.”
Strictly Weddings is captivated by the magic of a magnificent sunset wedding. Something mysterious and spiritual happens when we take in the fleeting glimpse of a setting sun and the sky’s kaleidoscopes of color as wedding vows are exchanged. It’s inspiration for the soul and, more specifically, soul mates! Imagine exchanging your wedding vows in paradise, perfectly timed as the sun slowly sinks below the horizon.
Strictly Weddings has scoured the globe and selected our “TOP 10″ exquisitely romantic sunset settings that will fulfill your wedding wishes and make for a magical, unforgettable celebration.
1. Santorini, Greece – Santorini is the renowned, fairytale island of white-washed buildings cascading down 900-foot cliffs toward the glistening Aegean below. It also happens to host one of the world’s most beautiful sunsets stretching as far as the eye can see over bright blue waters, a caldera, and even an active volcanic island. Claim a private terrace in the charming towns of Oia or Fira and take in the serene panoramic views.
2. Bora Bora, Tahiti, French Polynesia – The magic of refracting light is exceptionally breathtaking on your own private island. At Sofitel’s Bora Bora Island, the private island and its 21 over-the-pristine-water bungalows are available for exclusive bookings. Imagine saying “I do” standing barefooted in white-powdered, palm-fringed sands surrounded by 360-degree, postcard-perfect views.
3. Playa Virador, Papagayo Peninsula, Costa Rica – “The consummate destination for eco-adventurers and beach bums,” Costa Rica is an exotic haven for all. This is especially true of the spectacular Papagayo Peninsula, which is home to the fabulous Four Season’s Resort Costa Rica and its two secluded beaches. Whether planning a private beach wedding for 2 or 250, Playa Virador (one of these two beaches) is perfection. This remote, palm tree, golden sand setting offers breathtaking sunset views of the Pacific Ocean with a tropical rainforest backdrop.
4. Hamilton Island, Australia – Those seeking the extraordinary and exotic will delight in beautiful Hamilton Island. Neighboring the Great Barrier Reef and lying in the Whitsundays, a group of 74 continental islands lying off central Queensland’s tropical coast, this island is surrounded by warm, turquoise waters which sparkle in the glow of the setting sun.
5. Princeville, Kaua’i, Hawaii -Treat yourself to the sensory experience of Hawaii’s setting sun at the St. Regis Princeville. “Perched above Hanalei Bay, with sweeping panoramas of the emerald-green No Molokama Mountains,” Hawaii’s newest luxury resort can accommodate a sunset wedding on pristine Hanalei Beach or on one of their two terraces with mountain and ocean views. A true tropical oasis!
6. Dubrovnik, Croatia – Known as the “pearl of the Adriatic Coast” and “the city made of stone and light,” Dubrovnik, Croatia in eastern Europe hosts a spectacular sunset. Whether on the craggy Dalmatian coastline or amid the ancient walls and pedestrian-only streets of Old Town, you’ll fall in love with the ever-changing views with the last rays of sunlight.
7. Atacama Desert, Chile -Chile has been described as “a playground for lovers of the great outdoors, a country blessed with limitless deserts, ancient volcanoes, emerald lakes and the magnificent Andes as backdrop wherever you travel.” With its other-worldly landscape and rugged beauty, the remote Atacama Desert in Northern Chile offers stunning views of the sinking sun over magnificent million-year-old mountain ranges. Consider arranging a wedding at one-of-a-kind luxury hotels such as the Awasi, San Pedro de Atacama or the Tierra Atacama Hotel & Spa, which offer an exceptional oasis as remarkable as the natural surroundings.
8. Yosemite Valley, Yosemite National Park, California -Yosemite National Park is an inspiring place like no other. A spellbinding and spiritual experience is guaranteed when taking in the last rays of light ricocheting off 3,000-foot cliffs, including Half Dome and El Capitan. With its abounding natural beauty of meadows, trees, towering waterfalls, and soaring mountains, Yosemite Valley makes for a stunning backdrop, made all the more special when kissed with sun-setting light.
9. Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve, Clanwilliam, South Africa -Perhaps you’re dreaming of a wedding on the wild side? Journey to the top-rated, five-star luxury retreat of Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve in Clanwilliam, South Africa. This venue sits amid an expansive South African Natural Heritage Site, a sanctuary for many endangered species. Bushmans Kloof offers several options for holding your event on the premises of either the lodge or reserve, and a bevy of unique activities to entertain pre- and post-wedding. Sunsets here are especially exhilarating as they bathe the sprawling, untamed wilderness and 500 million-year-old Cederburg Mountains in golden hues.
10. Castello Di Casole,Tuscany, Italy -Tuscan sunset paradise can be found at the Castello Di Casole. The hotel, built on the ruins of a 10th-century castle and encompassing a 4,200-acre wine estate, offers couples one of the best views of magnificent Tuscany and an incredible sunset to boot.